Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bio-Oil Review



Upon finding out I was pregnant, this was the very first thing I purchased to start me on my Pregnancy Journey. Next to, of course the massive bag of Sour Keys. I knew that Stretch Marks ran in my family {as my sister and mother both had them in theres} and knew that even if it was hereditary {as I had mentioned is a belief, in my past post}I was going to at least try and prevent them from taking over my body. I did want to attempt my teeny weeny yellow bikini after baby made its way into our world. 


WHERE TO PURCHASE BIO-OIL?
I purchased the Bio-Oil from a local Shoppers Drug Mart for about $25. however I am aware it is available in pretty much every "box" store that sells bathroom products. Click the links below based on your Country to find where it is available instore and online:


Canada - Prices range from $12.99 to $21.99
United States of American - Prices range from $11.99 to $19.99
Europe - Prices range from €11.95
Africa - Prices unavailable
Malaysia - Prices range from RM 32.95 to RM 54.95
Japan - Prices range from ¥1600 to ¥2800
Australia - Prices range from $14.95 to $34.95
New Zealand - Prices range from $19.95 to $44.95


Online Sales
Amazon - Prices start at $8.00




I can't fully say if the Bio-Oil wins a Mommy Award just yet, only because I'm merely 4 months into my trial/review. However here is what I can say...


1. The Bio-Oil smell brilliant and brings me to a little oasis of my own when lathering up
2. It's keeping my skin extremely soft 
3. It's stopping any itchy feelings pregnant women say they get on there tummy


Up to date, I have seen only 3 stretch marks, which are all located on my tummy. Nothing on my Thighs, Bum or Bust. I personally think it has helped with some prevention seeings as some pictures I've seen women were painted with them, I am considering myself extremely lucky at this point. 


This is my first child - so I cannot compare to a past pregnancy - but I will say I give the Bio-Oil a "thumbs-ups" thus far and I will continue this review as I get closer to the BIG DAY. For more review from expecting women check out the Bio-Oil Site. Stay tuned for an updated review and find out if the Bio-Oil gets a Mommy Award at the end of my pregnancy.


- Tairalyn

No comments: